After I’ve finished developing a pet project with ASP.NET CORE and test it successfully on Windows, I’ve decided to host it on a Raspberry PI with Linux on it.
Having an ARM processor I was forced to use Mono, that means some extra installations, but in the end I’ve managed to install all prerequisites. After all configurations have been finished, with much hope and optimism I’ve tried to access my Linux hosted web site … and of course the result was a Mono exception regarding some cast errors in my database entities. After some digging, I found that the problem is caused by datetime2 type of a table column from my database, apparently Mono can’t handle this type, so I changed column type to datetime and everything went smoothly, at least on server side.
After an hour of investigation, I learned the hard way that Linux is case sensitive OS and Product.js != product.js != product.JS etc. After renaming the file to product.js, at last I had my first .net web site running on Linux.
Last revised: 02 Mar, 2016 08:35 PM